Thursday, February 21, 2013

pin display

I love doing craft fairs, and every year I try and find a new way to display items on the table, so that my table doesn’t look all jumbled and crowded. So how to display my little bamboo tie pins? Ta-da!... a wooden display box... aka, a fake typesetter drawer. I found these little wooden shadow boxes with compartments at the local dollar store and thought I would make a fake typesetter drawer (since odds of finding one at a vintage shop were low). The big box is made of 4 smaller boxes glued side by side. The empty squares are filled with batting and cut-to-size pieces of felt placed on top. Hooray for dollar store finds!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love dollar store finds. I just found some wire mesh baskets and stuff for our kitchen and pantry. They work great and I didn't have to spend a ton of money at Bed, Bath and Beyond!

Almost Precious said...

How cute and clever ! It's amazing what creative ideas one can discover in places like a Dollar Store. :)

Meeling said...

Very cool! Gotta love the dollar stores and creativity!! :-)

Liz said...

Great idea, good luck at the fair!