Sunday, July 8, 2012

food on sticks = goodness

The arrival of hot summer weather means that it is a perfect time to visit the Richmond Night Market - basically a replication of the popular street night markets popular in Asia. There are actually 3 big night markets that take place here (yes, 3.. I'm not kidding)... so this is the first one we have visited this summer so far. And what does one do at a night market, you ask? Um... well gorge on all the yummy diverse street food of course. Dim sum on sticks, grilled meat on sticks, deep fried tofu on sticks... yummy. I even spotted deep fried potato spirals on a stick as well as cheesecake on a stick, but by that point I was too full - I was feeling quite the opposite of a stick actually. Can't wait to check out the other night markets in the coming weeks!

11 comments:

Ali Puckett said...

I love little street markets like this. It's always fun to try small portions of different foods, rather than ordering a full meal and not loving it. Great photos! Looks like such a great time!

Stela said...

Oooh that looks yummy!

Erin said...

I don't even know exactly what that is on that stick... and it looks amazingggg! I love street food so much! It looks like ya'll had a great time :)

I live in Atlanta right now and we have a food truck festival even couple of Saturdays... I've definitely been meaning to go!

Erin from EBT :)
http://labellaironia.blogspot.com/

Almost Precious said...

Food and Fun - what a great combination. :)

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Mmmmmm, I love fried food on a stick. There are a lot of summer festivals around here, but my favorite is probably Rib Fest. It's exactly what it sounds like. :-)

Curator Violet said...

Can't go wrong with food on a stick!

Additionsstyle said...

Sounds like fun, and you can't go wrong with food on a stick!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Camila Faria said...

Every food is better in a stick! Love it!!!

http://naomemandeflores.com/en

Rachel J said...

I want it in my belly

My Life Under the Bus said...

That looks pretty damn good but I can imagine a little goes a long way!We don't have any fun stuff here BAH!

Meeling said...

Yummo!! I'd be all over that place!! :-D