Wednesday, September 16, 2009

on to toronto!


An update today on the Smile On Your Brother art show. The show is now on its way to Livestock in Toronto (September 25th - 27th) after some great showings in Vancouver, Calgary and Saskatoon (pics above). So, if you are in the neighborhood, stop on by and check it out! It's also heading to Montreal and Quebec City (see here for dates).

My hubs, Roger and I had collaborated under his Crooked Walker label to create a woodburned owl skate deck for the show. If you look real close in some of the photos, you'll be able to pick it out... a bit "Where's Waldo", I know... but I'm feeling like a proud parent that makes you look at the hundreds of kids photos jammed into a fold-out wallet... except, in this case it's a skate deck, and... er, there are only 3 photos.

20 comments:

Eline Oftedal said...

Great post! I have never been to Toronto, but on day...

I enjoy reading your blog!

Kind regards,
Eline

Red Red Completely Red said...

Wow, funky owl! I'd never have thought owls and skulls could mix... but that one looks great!

-Astrid

Christie Cottage said...

I'll bet their are alot of drooling skateboarders viewing all those!


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Rainy Day Gardener said...

Wow! You two are like the mod squad of artists ~ nice work!

SuppliesHandcrafted said...

Wow, very cool!

Stacey said...

every reason to be proud!!

miranda said...

awesome deck! owls & skulls - so cool.

AMIdesigns said...

Wow! Incredible work. Love the owl

TLC Inspirations said...

I totally dig the skulls on the wood burned owl ~ very cool addition! Whose idea was that? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I remember a previous post about this :) I just love this concept! And your collaboration makes me smile! My sweetheart and I are working on a collaboration of our own in his music studio oh yeah! It's so rewarding and fun to mix talents with the one you love. Unfortunately I won't be in Canada anytime soon, but I wish your sweet owl love/brain child well on its awesome tour and keep pullin' out that wallet hee hee.

Unknown said...

So cool! I'd like a skateboard display in my house!

koralee said...

So cool...I missed the show in Vancouver. I do love the owl...owls seem to be making a come back! Happy Wed. to you!

JanetDavies said...

I see it!
Very cool you guys did this.

Stephanie Kim said...

unbelievable! i just shot this link to my brother who is an avid longboarder!

Gwen said...

What a cool display for the skateboards!

Gwen
http://efairytale.blogspot.com

Rheea said...

My best friend love owls. I'm sure she's going to love this! You guys are so talented.

Rheea

velvetwoods said...

Love it ! Oh if only Canada was a bus ride away from Australia,I would be there for sure.
Good luck with the show,It looks awesome !

Sandrine said...

I am sure one day I will have the priviledge to visit Canada...but not this time sadly...You can be very proud Congratulations!

Kunklebaby said...

That's AWESOME!!

Unknown said...

LOVE that owl/skull piece. Love it.