Monday, January 5, 2009

hitting the slopes

Yesterday was my first day this season on the local slopes! I have been itching to use my Mount Seymour seasons pass for the past two weeks, but it seemed the holiday frenzy kept filling up my schedule. We decided to head up super bright and early for the day and were well rewarded with deep soft powdery snow. We got some pretty good fresh runs in... I even had to dig myself out of some deep spots a few times, there was that much snow... definitely burnt off some holiday calories there! 

9 comments:

NONtRENDY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NONtRENDY said...

let me try this again...
yeah, I would hurt myself if I went snowboarding.
Its defiately not for me so I give tons of credit for people who can.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture; I have always wanted to try skiing...it looks like great fun.

Angie said...

That certainly is a lot of snow! Looks like you had fun.

Little Gray Pixel said...

Your blog and collages are lovely! Count me a fan.

trudette said...

Great picture , it looks like so much fun !

Kim Caro said...

wow i bet its super chilly (duh haha). but how nice to be around that!

Anji Gallanos said...

Nice snow..I was up at our slope for the first time this season..my legs are sore and I think my calves are outgrowing my boots...which means I need more skiing. Lots of fun

Ravenswick said...

That is beautiful scenery! I am too old to learn to ski or snowboard.